More money is wagered on horse racing every year than any other sport and there are tons of online sportsbooks and online racebooks that will gladly take your action. You really need to make sure you join reputable online racebooks because you want to ensure you’re receiving the best odds and the best betting limits.
» Betting on Horse Racing
In horse racing there are lots of different types of bets and it’s important that you understand what each of the bets means or else you may bet on something you didn’t want to bet on. We’ve explained each type of horse racing bet below in detail, so you know exactly what you can bet on while wagering on horse races from around the world.
- Win Bet – When you bet on a horse to “Win” you need to select one horse to win the race outright.
- Place Bet – When you bet on the “Place” bet you need to select one horse to finish a horse race in 1st or 2nd.
- Show Bet – When you bet on the “Show” bet you need to pick one horse to finish a race in 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
- Across the Board Bet – An “Across the Board” bet is when you bet on a horse to win, place and show. If your horse finishes the race in 2nd you’ll win both the win and show bets, which will increase your profits.
- Exacta Bet – An “Exacta” bet is a wager where you need to predict which horse will finish in 1st place and which horse will finish in 2nd place in the exact order.
- Exacta Box – When you bet on the “Exacta Box” bet you need to predict which two horses will finish in 1st and 2nd place, but with this bet the horses don’t need to be in a specific order.
- Quinella Bet – “Quinella” is very similar to the Exacta Box except it’s a single bet rather than a boxed bet. You need to pick the top two horses of a race in any order. (Find out whether your bookie offers better value on Exacta Box or on the Quinella Bet)
- Trifecta Bet – Wagering on the “Trifecta” bet is one of the best paying bets in horse racing. You need to pick the top three horses in a given horse race in the exact order that they finish to win this bet. >/li>
- Trifecta Box Bet – The “Trifecta Box” is similar to the Exacta Box. You need to predict the top three horses in a race in any specific order, but since it’s a boxed bet you’ll actually have more action than the amount you bet.
- Superfecta Bet – Betting on the “Superfecta” in horse racing is almost impossible, as you need to pick the top four horses in a single race and pick them all in the exact order that they finish the race.
- Superfecta Box Bet – If you haven’t guessed yet, the “Superfecta Box” is a wager in horse racing where you need to pick the top 4 horses in a horse race, but thankfully they don’t need to be in any exact order.
- Daily Double Bet – Bettors will need to pick two winners in two consecutive horse races to win the “Daily Double” bet. Typically online sportsbooks let you bet the 1st two races of the day on a track and the last two races of the day on a track. Both of your horses will need to win in order to win this bet.
- Pick 3, Pick 4, Pick 6 Bets – In these bets you need to select the winner of a horse race in 3, 4 or 6 consecutive horse races during a single day at the track.